Wednesday 3 February 2016

A Poem About Love and Water - (HUM-13)

Introduction

Recently a friend of mine sent me this poem along with a number of very beautiful images related to water.

After reading the poem, I found it very worthwhile to make a post out of it. For the reason being that it describes so well how the nature of love is close to the nature of water.

We really still have much to learn from water and this is deep down why I think I have created this blog, because through these posts I hope to learn more about water and therefore also about love and many other principles in water waiting yet to be learnt.

To learn from water we need to do as in the following picture; meditate on water.


The following poem is by James Allen from the “Way of Peace”, Chapter “On the Realization of Selfless Love”.


Way of Peace, Poem by James Allan



“I stood upon the shore, and saw the rocks
Resist the onslaught of the mighty sea,
And when I thought how all the countless shocks
They had withstood through an eternity,
I said, “To wear away this solid main
The ceaseless efforts of the waves are vain.”

But when I thought how they the rocks had rent,
And saw the sand and shingles at my feet
(Poor passive remnants of resistance spent)
Tumbled and tossed where they the waters meet,
Then saw I ancient landmarks 'neath the waves,
And knew the waters held the stones their slaves.

I saw the mighty work the waters wrought
By patient softness and unceasing flow;
How they the proudest promontory brought
Unto their feet, and massy hills laid low;
How the soft drops the adamantine wall
Conquered at last, and brought it to its fall.

And then I knew that hard, resisting sin
Should yield at last to Love's soft ceaseless roll
Coming and going, ever flowing in
Upon the proud rocks of the human soul;
That all resistance should be spent and past,
And every heart yield unto it at last.”


End (13).

No comments:

Post a Comment